Sunday 28 March 2010

Review: Ophoria Bliss No. 8 Vibrator

First of all, the gorgeous folks over at Sex Toys Eden sent me this Ophoria vibe to review, so do go check them out!

 As you can see, Ophoria products are the very definition of 'class' within their sleek packaging; no half naked women, oiled men or cartoon characters here! The Bliss No. 8 is completely silicone, so phthalate free and non-irritating. Which is always good! In other spec-based info, it's also splash proof, takes 2 AA batteries, and is operated by a single button on it's base.

Like many vibes these days, it has a variety of vibration settings - described as modes 1, 2 & 3 (I'd call them low-med-high) plus 2 pulse modes, one referred to as "climax" (building up, then back to the start) and one "pulsing" (more of an on- off, on- off pulse). It's as quiet as it makes out, too. The lower settings are comparible to other vibes marketed as near-silent, and the higher ones are easily masked by a little noise, music or similar.

In use, what I really enjoyed about this vibe was the way that the vibrations carried right the way through the toy, to the tip. Unusually for a shaft-type vibrator, I found myself using it on my clit where I found the vibrations to be really intense on the higher settings. The ridges meant that rubbing the length of the shaft along myself, almost grinding against it, was a lot of fun.

However, I didn't find that I enjoyed the insertion of the Bliss all that much by comparison. Personally, the ridges made what is a fairly girthy toy, a little too challenging. The girth alone wasn't too much of an issue, but adding the density of the silicone, I found it just a little too rough for my liking.

That's not to say other's won't find those same ridges to be deliciously orgasmic - hell, we'reall built differently! For me though, I'll be using other toys for penetration and keeping this baby to bring me back to bliss through my little grinding technique ;) Available at Sex Toys Eden for £47.99  

NK x


[price correct at time of writing] 

No comments: