Saturday 5 January 2013

Review: Jack Boot Print Wooden Spanking Paddle



We'd been eyeing the Jack Boot Print Wooden Spanking Paddle for a while when we saw that Lovehoney had included it in their post-Christmas sale. When we spotted that they also intended to discontinue the paddle (at least at Lovehoney), we had to have it.

Made by Icon Brands under the Raging Stallion 

The Jack Boot paddle certainly isn't a beginner friendly bit of kit; measuring just short of 19" and bearing a UK size 12 boot sole in thick rubber (so yes, it does smell of rubber, a little like a shoe shop), and hitting just short of a freight train. But more on that later. The rubber sole is mounted on a fairly standard, if large, wooden paddle (so easily doubles up for standard paddle usage), and as such should be noted, this has pretty much no give.

For the sake of truly understanding what those dimentions will mean in your hand, I took a comparitive picture with a Sky+ remote:



As for your testers, Master and I have been into kink for quite a while, and Master's toy bag is overflowing. As such, we've reached a point where we only really want to add different items to the bag. A standard flogger, cane or paddle doesn't hold much appeal when we already have such a wide variety of toys. This is not your standard paddle. I mentioned the dimensions above, and while it does feel lighter than expected given the sheer size of the monster, it's a paddle I could imagine a smaller Dom struggling to wield with adequate control.

Speaking as the submissive on the receiving end of the Jack Boot paddle, I can safely say in play it truly is like no other. Paddles of different materials always feel different, but the addition of a rubber boot sole with a deep tread, makes for an utterly unique sensation. Part of this may be that my Master is rather sadistic and hits like a truck anyway, but this is by far the most painful paddle I have experienced.



I am generally a fan of thuddy pain, and tolerate stingy pain much less well. My relationship with this paddle is, as such, slightly confused. It does hit much thuddier than other paddles I've known, but on top of that there is a white-hot sting that tears the breath from me.

So far, the hits I've received haven't left a lasting imprint of a boot on my behind, but then I am very hard to mark. As such, I intend to update this review once we've been able to try it on a friend who marks much more easily than I do.

Master really enjoyed using this on me, and as much as it hurts like hell, I enjoyed receiving it. The construction seems fantastic, everything is very secure and nothing seems frayed or poorly attached so I'm fairly confident this will remain part of our kit for many years to come, taking the wind from subs wherever it may strike!

I would recommend the Jack Boot paddle to experienced players who want something new and different to add to their kit, but would advise caution to those who are less experienced. Old hat or fresh meat though, I'd advise this is a one to know your own strength on, get a feel for how it hits, and use accordingly!

It's disappointing to see Lovehoney won't be stocking it anymore, though I can imagine it being intimidating to fetish-newbies, so perhaps that has affected sales. However, a number of other stockists do still offer the Jack Boot such as SexShop365.

Overall, we love this!

NK x


No comments: